Sky v Virgin Broadband

The Brigadier 16:10 15 Dec 2008

We have just moved over to Sky from Virgin.
And wow what a great service SkyBB offer.
Broadband available 24/7 unlike the poor service we got from Virgin.
Had a few set up problems but all now sorted.

The whole Virgin experience after 10 years loyal service & 10 weeks of getting a part time service was appalling.
The switch over to Sky (apart from a few problems) has been easy.
Wireless router easy to set up & it gets better every day.

Would not advise anyone to use Virgin again unless they do something about their customer service & support!

birdface 18:41 15 Dec 2008

For every unhappy customer there are usually thousands of happy customers.Unfortunately you never managed to get your setup running properly with them.So best of luck with Sky.I presume that it now works Ok after 4Pm.

Technotiger 22:19 15 Dec 2008

Of course, if you can afford over £50 a month, you could have Virgins new 50Meg Broadband! As seen on TV :-))

Picklefactory 08:10 16 Dec 2008

It's infuriating when your internet regularly and consistently lets you down. I'm lucky that mine is consistently stable, although I'm on Virgin. I would guess that their service quality must vary from region to region, as I have not had a problem since setup over a year ago. Although I did have some problems with initial set up, and agree their customer service was appalling.

The Brigadier 22:24 16 Dec 2008

It's all to do with BT & the local exchange i've been told.
Service not good 24/7 with SkyBB.

tullie 22:42 16 Dec 2008

As far as i am concerned Sky is 100 percent 24/7.

I must admit that I am with Virgin Media and have had no problem with 10mb or 20mb broadband always good connection and nearly 100% speed for years. I have heard that SKY broadband is good with no problems.

The Brigadier 13:59 21 Dec 2008

Your right it was a mis-spelling should be:
Service good 24/7 with SkyBB.

anchor 15:40 21 Dec 2008

Your comments are interesting especially as I was asking about Sky recently, and the possibility that Sky may buy Tiscali.

click here

bremner 15:52 21 Dec 2008

Are you talking about Virgin ADSL or Cable?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone