Sky Problems

donki 10:30 06 Nov 2006

Ok so our sky went down 2 weeks, understandably after 4 years of no problems I wasnt to bothered. So I tried to call sky..... 30mins l8er got a nice guy who said they would have an engineer out in a week for a standard charge, which would cover anything that needed doing.

Its really hard doing without skay by the way. So a week passes and engineer comes out, says its the Digibox and replaces it. Sit down to watch the Spus - Chelsea match yesterday and the box switches off?? I imediately think NOOOo I try to turn it on nothing, and that has been the way of it till today. I looked at the "new" box yesterday and it clearly isnt "new", probably refurbished. Called skay and again after another 30min wait I have to wait another week for an engineer!

Now I pay £48 a month for Sky, Is this acceptable service? Considering I had to pay another £60? Even the guy I spoke to from Sky said it was rediculous service!

BRYNIT 11:48 06 Nov 2006

Yes this is the type of service expected from sky.

The £48 you pay for sky is for the channels you receive and not the SKY box. As the Box is not rented from sky it is your responsibility and not Sky's to pay for a replacement after 12 months.

You paid for a out of warranty service call this includes 3 months service cover incase the box fails or any thing else fails. If the sky engineer finds the box to be faulty they will only replace with a refurbished box and not a new one.

This will not help you now as you have already paid for the service call but suggesting that you will cancell your subscription sometimes gets a free service call.

bluto1 23:48 06 Nov 2006

As you have to wait so long on the 0870 number why don`t you write explaining why you are going to go to Freeview or even NTL. It might wake them up.

SANAP 00:31 07 Nov 2006

Here is your solution, go to ebay, searh for a pace digibox, the best is Model DS430N, and bobs your uncle.

there is a way to by pass that sky number as well

snap

dwaynedibbly 10:04 07 Nov 2006

If you can stand the wait again, try another phone call to them, and this time ask to be put through to customer accounts.
When you get to speak with accounts, tell them you are cancelling your subscription.
At this point they really do sit up and listen.
When they see how long you have been with them, and you`re on one of the premium packages, they immediately become very accommodating.
I did that after getting the run around. I even managed to get 25% off my bill for a year, by way of an apology for all the problems I`d had.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?