Sky HD

Les 23:02 02 Jul 2006

Value for money? In order to get this box what else do you have to agree to? Your views appreciated on this as I am about to purchase a Sony 40" HD ready LCD TV , which, from what I read and am told (by an honest dealer- really! no kidding G>)this set is the 'goods'

961 08:21 03 Jul 2006

You'll get the full terms and conditions from the Sky web site

As to value for money, well it's basically the only hd service readily available apart from cable

I am sure the set plus sky hd is the goods

Stuartli 10:21 03 Jul 2006

Seen it in action - the picture quality is absolutely stunning, particularly on the sheer detail that can be viewed.

But it doesn't do any favours for those with a spotty complextion..:-)

Les 11:13 03 Jul 2006

961 and Stuartli

I have been on the Sky site and downloaded some of their sample HD clips - as you say Stuartli, stunning and I can see why the acting profession will be concerned <g>. They advised that a screen resolution of 1920 x whatever should be used, my monitor's not capable of anything over 1034*768 at 75hz but even then they were amazing. HD demo tapes at the dealers were even better. Does Bit Torrents mean anything to you? The dealer mentioned it in passing.

Les 11:15 03 Jul 2006

Screen resolution should, of course, be 1024*768 - it's a pity I can't buy a new pair of eyes too! 8-)

Les 13:32 03 Jul 2006

Indeed it did!! Thanks. Well found 8-)

Les 23:38 30 Jul 2006

writing this post I have bought a PVR (Panasonic) fitted with a HDMI output. Coupled with the Sony the DVD pictures are, as Stuartli put it, stunning.

By the way, I was told (by the saleman!) not to expect too much of 'ordinary' t/v - this is true of the older programs - but newer ones are not at all bad - that is when compared to the 8 year old CRT Toshiba it replaced.

Stuartli 10:48 31 Jul 2006

>>Does Bit Torrents mean anything to you? >>

See:

click here

Seems you can use it with your TV to join Bit Torrents sessions for music and video.

Official website:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?