Sky Broadband reconnection problems

glennya 02:40 18 Oct 2007

Can anyone help? I signed up to Sky Broadband a year or so ago and had no problems other than a couple of weeks delay in it being turned on. However I have moved house and kept the phone number. They told me everything would work fine when we moved in but when I plugged all the kit in.. nothing. I contacted Sky said they'd applied for a reconnection with BT and it should work within a few days. After a week or so with nothing I contacted them again to find that the reconnection had been cancelled because BT could find there was no request to reconnect in the first place, because the line had been deactivated for two weeks while we were between homes. But the problem had been given priority status and should be fixed within 10 days. That time elapsed only for me to contact them again to tell me that the request had once again been put in but there was no progress and no time frame in which this problem would be resolved. Meanwhile one of the call centre people said it could take between 4 days and two months to fix because the computers that were supposed to talk to each other to reconnect the service had to be overridden manually. I asked to speak to someone who could give me some progress only to be told to people dealing with this problem "were not customer facing". So in short how do you go about getting Sky broadband reconnected to a number on which it previously worked fine and how long should it all take?

xania 12:35 18 Oct 2007

I too have dumped Sky Broadband becuase of lies and total lack of technical nous. However, I wonder if there may not be a shread of truth in what they say. I would take the matter direct to BT and see if they have any answers. Try to get a reference from Sky first!!

tullie 16:53 18 Oct 2007

When you moved you should have reconnected new phone with BT before even thinking about internet connection,i assume you did this?
As for Sky Broadband,it is a reputable company,i have no issues with Sky whatsoever.
Anyone that states otherwise is a fool.Just because theres been a problem doesent mean they are not reputable.Until i feel different,im going to pay my £5 a month.

tullie 07:46 19 Oct 2007

Pardon!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?