Skills Train

CAPTANTOMO 14:42 30 Sep 2009

Hi Everyone,
Thanks "jutinkler" Wed 08/07/09

I only just joined this forum today this hour. I feel the need to infor you after reading yours.

The salesman for Skillstrain, Mr. T.B. was due to see me tomorrow and (try-to) sell me a course for N+. Since reading your notes I rang 1741 to get the phone number and recall to cancel that meeting. I did this. If he still turns up I'll chase him off.

I am now very glad I have read your forum and may have saved myself a lot of cash.
I might have signed myself to £3000 of dept!

There must be other ways to learning to become an network Engineer without being burned. I may try books from Amazan or ebay, then night school.

Thanks Also to PC Advisor for having this forum.

P.S. A spell checker here would be nice!

Chris the Ancient 16:41 30 Sep 2009

I'm glad that you found out in time!

Ideally, instead of starting a new thread, you could have added to the end of the existing thread... thus causing potential confusion.

If you use the 'Contact Forum Editor' link just above the original post, he might be able to move it for you.

For spelling checker...

Firefox... There is an add-in click here

Explorer... click here

And, finally, welcome to the forum!

lotvic 01:39 05 Oct 2009

Link to thread about Skills Train click here

sarkysod 20:16 07 Oct 2009

My story is slightly different. I cannot comment much beyond my own experiences. I signed up in March 2008 but because I am also a full time student at Uni who also works part time there was never enough time to actually start the courses.

Recently when it became apparrent that I would have to run to a tighter budget in order to meet my uni commitments and take time off work in order to do so I sent two or three emails to skillstrain requesting a pay holiday.

Eventually today I rang them and they acknowledged receiving the emails but pointed me in the direction of the finance company. They cannot give me a payment holiday but have provisionally agreed to me making a reduced payment of 50% for 8 months.

However this is the main bone of contention according to skillstrain their commitment towards me ceases in March 2011 irrespective of where I am in the training and just for the record the book that I received in 2008 was dated 2006.

gazza1010 17:50 11 Dec 2009

hi all, im new here but iv been reading ur posts about skills train and want to let u know about the letter i got from them 2 weeks ago. it said that they are doing a full investigation into the course advisor that visited me due to the complaints they had received. so i filled the form in and sent it back. yesterday i got 2 letters one from skills train and one from a company called multimedia computer training ltd ( the course advisor's) this is what multimedia said... we are continuing with our investigations but in the meantime we can confirm that we are organising the cancellation of your course with skillstrain and are providing them with a redemption of the balance of the monies outstanding so they many forward these on to the credit provider. and the letter from skillstrain says as a gesture of goodwill they have cancelled my credit agreement and given cdf the outstanding balance. i phoned multimedia computer training up today to ask them about the money i had payed that i want back and they said that i had lost it and i wouldnt get it back so iv been back on the phone to my solicitor who will be getting back to me on monday, and iv also emailed watchdog, i will let u all know what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?