Simple PDA

HenryVII 15:20 19 Oct 2007

I would like to get a PDA that can (1) copy data from my PC, including stuff like spreadsheet data or Word documents, (2) hold all my contacts files, (3) keep my diary, and (4) nothing else. I don't need it to play music - drains the battery too fast. I already have a mobile phone, which I only use in dire emergencies. I don't need it to connect to the Internet or handle e-mail. I have a Palm Z22, but it is very restricted and isn't compatible with Microsoft stuff.

Demora 18:55 21 Oct 2007

Search around for a Sony Ericsson P910i. it reads pdfs word excel and powerpoint documents, its also a phone and it has handwriting recognition in there too. The battery life is good and you wouldn't have to carry 2 gizmos around.

I have a palmT/X and it crashes far more than anything with the symbian operating system.

Although its old technology and you may have to search ebay (grrrr)

Or maybe a phone store maybe able to get you a 2nd usermn one.

D

interzone55 20:53 21 Oct 2007

You really need to get yourself a PDA that runs Windows Pocket PC, this has viewers for office applications, as well as syncing with Outlook for email & contacts.

Dell did a really nice range (Axim) but have pulled out of the market as PDA sales are dropping as more & more smartphones are sold. You may be able to find one on Ebay.

Morgan Computers usually have a good range of refurbished Acer PDAs, but they don't seem to have any in stock at present.

MobiSystems Office Suite Classic 7 costs about £24 and allows you to read & edit MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint files on Palm running OS5 and above, if your Z22 has that OS you can get it here & its cheaper than buying a new PDA

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?