Should I run Dual GTX 770?

CWHELP 22:30 22 Dec 2013

CPU: NEW! Intel Core i5 4670K

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 2013 Water Cooler

Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Motherboard: NEW! Gigabyte Z87-D3HP

RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (2x8GB)

Hard Drive: 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

Additional Storage: 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card: NEW! NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB

Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio

Monitors: NEW! LG 24" 24EN33T-B LED (VGA, DVI)

Case: NEW! Corsair Carbide 300R Windowed

This is what I orded and well, I posted it on another topic, but i wanted some other opinions.

Update: I have reinstalled my Graphics Card driver and have now used a Beta driver (which is anew version to the one i was using) I have also installed 22 new windows updates. Seems my PC is working far better, however i still require help.

I am considering getting another graphics card, another GTX 770 perhaps, or a GTX 680 to run dual, I am wondering if its me being odd.. and just wanting more...currently i am running World of Warcraft 40-200 FPS Ultra all settings, depending on the situation, most of the times it sits between 50-90 and unless it gets to like big battles, it wont ever go under the 50. is this normal for the PC?

Also assians creed black flag, appears to be locked onto 30 FPS. Not that i mind, running everything in High/Very High and its looking stunning.

Batman is the same, 60 FPS with it locked onto that and its running smooth and lovely, I dont seem any reason to unlock Vsync for that game, even know i am on a easy 100-250 FPS on very high.

Splintercell haven't tried yet

I am curious, are these normal FPS for the PC i have bought? honestly i was expecting a lot more xD but eh :D i can always upgrade

mrwoowoo 22:25 26 Dec 2013

Assassins creed black flag is locked at 30 FPS on PC. Not sure if they are going to patch it or not. Your FPS readings are normal for that card, and you really don't need to SLI two 770's as one 770 is more than enough. Can't see how you could justify the extra expense for the gain you would get in FPS which in my opinion you wouldn't notice, since the game are running at max settings. The recommended PSU to sli two 770's is 850W with two 6 pin, and two 8 pin connectors. I mention this as you don't say which PSU you have.

CWHELP 22:45 26 Dec 2013

However, my PC runs fine ALL DAY, literally, speed, heat and FPS its good. The morning after, the PC strugles for some reason and it steadly loses FPS and wont go above 1-20, this morning, instead of closing down, re starting etc, i turned of my PC for 20 mins or so , rebotted it up and it worked perfect, if anything, i noticed a little better performance.

Sometimes, the FPS can run all crazy and go really high and drop, e.g from 84-69-52-35-29-26 or even 80-52-35-20-10...

Changing settings won't matter, it continues to spike and sometimes strugle to get over the FPS of 10....The rwason i want to SLI 2x GTX 770 is because i am now starting to think, Why didnt i just buy a god dam console >.> because the performance i am currently getting isnt living up to the money :P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?