Shopping at Staples!

Djohn 23:50 04 Sep 2003

Just a bit of information for anyone buying from the store. As most of you will know, they offer excellent service before and after point of sale.

But before you pop in the store to buy something, check on their web-site for price, print off the page and take it along with you. They will reduce store price to match. Saved myself £28.00 yesterday. j.

tbh72 01:19 05 Sep 2003

I love staples, honest I do. If staples were a woman I would marry it, honest I would. They offer customer service above & beyond the call of duty & I will continue to take my custom there.

I could not agree more that Staples offer great customer services and as they are literally a ten minute walk away from me I would shop there more often but.....

I find them far too damn expensive to begin with!

Let me give an example or two -

An Aliminuim pilot case Staples in their "Clearence Corner" (Reduced to clear) £50 down to £44.95.
The exact same case (Identicle in every possible way) £14.99 (Full price) in another shop in town (Eastbourne).

Toner for 1200 Laserjet - Staples £69.99, In town £56.00.

I have seen their clearence stuff reduced by only a fraction, even though it is clearly broken, for example, a large plastic storage box (we are shortly moving) £8.99 new, this one is cracked and broken (both the base and top) and they STILL want £7.99

I like the store, I like the service, I hate the prices!! (Mind you, I hate all prices)..

Brian-336451 11:09 05 Sep 2003

Have you had counselling for that?

My wife's a psychotherapist, she might be able to help you . . .

MickyG 12:05 05 Sep 2003

Don't Staples sell PCs any more ? Could have sworn they used to. Nothing on their website.

Stuartli 14:13 05 Sep 2003

Staples sells quite a range of systems and laptops - for instance an Acer 2.4MHz Athlon system with 15in TFT screen is £549 including VAT, while other brands include HP.

Djohn 15:56 05 Sep 2003

Yes, PC's are on their website, and they have some excellent deals at the moment. As well as Matching their on-line price, Staples will also Price-match any other local store on the condition it's in stock at the other store. [They make a quick phone call].

Agree they are not always the cheapest on individual items, but overall they do offer very good prices, and customer service is first class.

I was bought an expensive chair as a present some eight weeks back from my local store. When I was in there the other day I made a comment about it not being quite as comfortable as I thought it should be. [Seat padding] The person I spoke too offered a couple of suggestions on how to improve, finishing with. "Try it for a couple of weeks if that does not improve matters, pop it back in for different type, or refund". The offer still stands, even though I do not have the receipt.

We often hear of unsatisfactory after-sales service in the forum, so I think when stores like Staples give this type of service, we should give them a mention. j.

Stuartli 16:32 05 Sep 2003

Staples has had its share, always favourable, of comments on its sales and service in these forums....

spuds 21:32 05 Sep 2003

I have always praised Staples for their good customer care.But a word of advice, be a little cautious about display items.I purchased a Medion monitor, which was ex-display, and the last model available at the time of an urgent purchase. Medion would not honour the warranty, due to it being second user!.Took a number of telephone calls plus faxed letters,which was time consuming, before problem of warranty was resolved.Learnt my lesson, would never purchase another display item again.

3Toed 22:27 05 Sep 2003

Whenever i enter a Staples store it gives me an over all feeling of organised chaos.I would agree about the varying prices,as they seem to retain the same price 6 months later on certain objects as when first stocked,when newer,updated versions of goods/software are available.However,bargains can be found if looked for,as when i went recently i picked up two 250 sheet reams of Canon bubblejet paper for just over a fiver,and it can be an interesting place to pass the time of day,if the wife is shopping at tesco round the corner!(if there is one where you go)

Patr100 23:19 05 Sep 2003

I couldn't find any PCs on their website. Where are they?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?