shopacer

bapiow 11:58 13 Mar 2006

Anyone delt with shopacer.co.uk?

Minkey1 15:22 13 Mar 2006

Yes, bought 2 Acer laptops through them. First sale went fine, and they were very helpful sorting out a warranty registration with Acer for me. Second one they messed about a bit with the pymt (short story, charged me twice) but sorted it, and replaced a docking station which didn't fit the particular machine.

They are relatively local to me, and I'd use them again. If you want an Acer they have a better range, and pricing on like for like is comparable with other stockists.

Any particular issue you were interested in ?

Mike

Minkey1 15:25 13 Mar 2006

PS they are actually part of a larger group click here and ShopLaptop is another group member.

bapiow 19:36 13 Mar 2006

I was going to get a new Acer F-19 inch from them , it seems they offer a dead pixel check for £20+vat.
Looks good to me, I think it's worth paying for a pixel free panel, fingers crossed!!
Last two I had came with dead pixel's, they were a pain in the butt.

Minkey1 16:28 15 Mar 2006

Oh right, not seen that offer. I'd always thought that - for some reason - dead pixels were more of an issue with standalone monitors for desktops rather than laptop screens but as you say, for £20+VAT it would offer peace of mind.

Certainly both LCD's on our 2 Acer laptops were fine, whilst of the 2 desktop LCD's I've had, one had a deceased pixel in the middle, which could be annoying, depending on what was being displayed.

Go for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?