Shipping charges and delivery abroad

Ancient Learner 15:50 09 Oct 2005

I am aware that some people here live in France etc.

I am about to spend some time in Portugal.

Do firms such as Amazon, and so on, deliver to such places, and I wonder what the costs are likely to be to there.

It really is a bit daunting. Even the actual delivery is likely to be different to here, particularly if the Post Office are involved. Here they deliver to the house, but there, there is a block of Post boxes at the end of the road, from where you collect your own mail, but that is unlikely to be large enough to take a parcel - therefore, how do they let you know there is a parcel to collect and where from.

DieSse 16:18 09 Oct 2005

"therefore, how do they let you know there is a parcel to collect and where from."

Normally carriers will leave a card for you to call them - then you will have to arrange to meet them. Also make absolutely sure you leave a contact telephone number, and instructions, when you place the order - they usually do get through to the driver. Carriers in such countries are well practised in this situation in my experience.

The Post Office usually leaves a card that tells you to go and pick up at the POffice.

In Spain, anyway - It seems logical they would do the same elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?