Serious problems with Ebuyer

Ronfj 21:26 25 May 2005

Consider carefully before buying from Ebuyer. I recently bought a number of parts to upgrade my computer, but unfortunately ebuyer carelessly sent me the wrong motherboard. I returned it to them promptly but I am still waiting for the correct replacement after nearly 3 weeks despite them having many in stock. I have phoned them many times and sent enotes to them but still no replacement. The post office have confirmed that the package was delivered to ebuyer the day after posting.
Is anyone else having problems with Ebuyer or am I just unlucky? I think I should have used Dabs, as previously.

Aspman 21:51 25 May 2005

I think you've been unlucky. I've bought a lot from Ebuyer and had to return the odd thing but it's all been done promptly.

It should be better but I wouldn't give up yet.
FE might prod them for you.

spuds 22:49 25 May 2005

When you phoned them many times, what did they say!.Did you use their new contact number 0845 114 5000 [9am-5pm Mon-Fri]

I ordered some parts late Sunday night early hours Monday morning, for standard delivery on Thursday 26 [tomorrow], and they arrived a day early [today].eBuyer emailed me yesterday, to say that parts had left their warehouse, and that that I was to expect the earlier delivery at no extra charge, cannot ask for better than that. Parts fitted this afternoon and all working fine.

pj123 20:00 26 May 2005

Never had any problems with ebuyer (serious or otherwise).

Have ordered many things and always delivered on the date on the confirmation email.

Expecting my next delivery (ordered today) on Thursday 2nd June. If this thread is still active at that time then I will post to say whether it was delivered or not.

Forum Editor 20:55 26 May 2005

for online hardware purchases, and have done for some time. So far (and I'm touching wood like mad) I haven't had a single problem with them. Everything I've ever ordered has arrived intact and on time - sometimes ahead of the predicted time.

I suggest that you contact them on the number that spuds has provided.

Ronfj 21:25 26 May 2005

I have tried the phone number suggested by Spuds several times over the last 10 days. I have obtained a very helpful and pleasant response but unfortunately no actual dispatch of the correct motherboard. Pleasant words but no result. However, I am grateful for your comments and reassured by your experiences.

pj123 22:27 26 May 2005

Keep your cool, Ronfj.

You say: "I returned it to them promptly but I am still waiting for the correct replacement after nearly 3 weeks despite them having many in stock."

Did you get a "returns" number before returning it to them promptly? Did you quote that number on your return parcel? If you didn't give them another ring. Don't go in like a bull in a china shop.

pj123 13:28 27 May 2005

My package from Ebuyer (due on the 2nd June) has just arrived today at 1318. All complete, another successful purchase.

bigray 14:00 27 May 2005

Had nothing but problems with them, just will not use them anymore, many discussions about them on this site, they may seem cheaper but in the long run would sooner pay a bit more & get a good service, best of luck you will need it

pj123 15:21 27 May 2005

bigray, well that's your choice mate.

Totally-braindead 15:49 27 May 2005

Glad all you chaps are happy, personally wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Long story which I already related on this site and won't go into again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires