Serif, where else can you get this sort of service

pj123 13:06 14 Jul 2005

I have most Serif applications, PagePlus, PhotoPlus, DrawPlus etc. I don't upgrade them very often so my version of DrawPlus is 5.

I have just been offered DrawPlus 7 complete with the Drawplus 7 template CD, the Manual and a 4 port USB 2 hub for £9.95 plus postage. Arrived today. How do they do it!!!

pj123 13:37 14 Jul 2005

Just been on the Serif site and DrawPlus 7 with the Design CD would normally cost £79.99?

GRFT 15:30 14 Jul 2005

Yes, Serif is usually pretty generous with their upgrade offers, but be careful - an upgrade is not always what it appears to be. I use DrawPlus quite a lot and recently upgraded to version 7 from version 5 and was surprised that my favorite fonts, five in total, including Abbey Old Style and Barbarella, had been omitted. Serif agreed that these fonts had indeed been removed from the new version. Having since disposed of the earlier version of DrawPlus I now have to obtain these fonts from somewhere else. Online suppliers charge at least $44.00 per font.

pj123 15:47 14 Jul 2005

GRFT, when I first started using Serif they were all on floppy disk. I have still got a floppy disk called Serif Fonts. If you want a copy let me know and I will send it to you?

pj123 15:52 14 Jul 2005

Alternatively, I still have the original DrawPlus 5 CDs which I can send to you if you want?

Stuartli 17:37 14 Jul 2005

There are plenty of free fonts websites such as:

click here

click here

click here

click here

pj123 17:59 14 Jul 2005

GRFT, Just uninstalled DrawPlus 5 and installed DrawPlus 7. All the fonts I had before are still there.

stalion 19:48 14 Jul 2005

been with them since 1977 excellent company
Regards

stalion 19:48 14 Jul 2005

sorry that should be 1997

mbp 22:14 14 Jul 2005

I agree, but recently the number and frequency of upgrades of first one program then another, has increased exponentially. Is has become so bad that I have opted out of their updating information. I feel that I am being hounded.

spuds 00:02 15 Jul 2005

I have subscribed to many Serif special offers,and on the whole been very satisfied, but of late I find their service and customer relations is slipping.Purchased two cd special offers, and was informed that the items where in stock and ready for immediate dispatch.Usually within the week you will get the in-stock item, but after 10 days, I had not received anything.Checked order and was informed the items were not in stock, but awaiting new supplies. Contacted Serif by email, suggesting that I was considering canceling order, but after waiting a further 3 days and receiving no reply, decided to telephone Serif. Customer services then informed me that new stocks were expected the next day, and all orders would then be dispatched. No apologies or explanation as to conflicting evidence of stock levels or lack of response to email. Eventually I received the cd's about two weeks later.

I would mention, since I received the cd's, I have had many telephone cold calls, which is becoming annoying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?