Serif Sales

Dragon_Heart 16:40 03 Nov 2006

I have just sent this to :-

Alex Loach Customer Service Manager Serif (Europe) Ltd.

" I am fed up of the sales pressure from your call centre staff.

You call to order an item either from off an e-mail or one of your post cards and you get nothing but pressure to get the next version of software etc.

I understand you are due to release Page Plus 12 yet you have only recently released Page Plus 11, it's getting beyond a joke !

The next time I call to place an order I will say at the start I do not want anything apart from the items I rang about. If, after that, they do attempt to sell me anything else I will cancel my order there and then. "

spuds 17:26 03 Nov 2006

See what the manager as to say. Personally, I purchase a small number of Serif products via newsletter shots. Always tell the sales adviser that I do not want telephone reminders of new products or special offers, and so far, they have never bothered me.

R.C.M. 17:32 03 Nov 2006

I have been a long term customer with Serif and to be honest I've always found the staff helpful and pleasant. They do try and promote other products when you contact them [that is part of their job] but I've never found them pushy.

Diemmess 17:45 03 Nov 2006

I think there is an option to "unsubscibe" from their email list of likely punters.
Over the years I have bought several items from them, always followed by a train of offers.

Their stuff is cheap and cheerful.
It is value for money unless you expect to have exactly the same as the market leaders for a tiny fraction of the price.

bluto1 22:44 03 Nov 2006

I endorse what R.C.M. says.

IClaudio 23:43 03 Nov 2006

and it's very easy to say 'Thanks, but I don't need anything at the moment'. They've always respected that and left me alone.

Over the years, I've bought many things from them, and as a long-term customer, I've been offered some great deals.

bruno 20:08 04 Nov 2006

I buy quite a lot of Serif software and they always try to sell you stuff as this is their job,and no doubt they are on commision,However,I can always beat them down by saying no and when I do not want anything can always get rid of them in a light hearted,jokey way.I have never found them anything less than polite.

AlanHo 02:28 06 Nov 2006

I have purchased several items from Serif - but got irritated by their regular sales pitch telephone calls.

I eventually politely asked them to take my phone number off their data base and have not received a phone call since. They notify me of new products or upgrades via Email - which is fine.

Dragon_Heart 23:17 06 Nov 2006

" I think there is an option to "unsubscibe" from their email list of likely punters "

My note to the sales manager was part of the 'feedback' process of doing just that !

" I have been a long term customer with Serif and to be honest I've always found the staff helpful and pleasant. "

I too have been a long term customer with Serif ( since that days of Page Plus 1 ) and find the staff helpful, pleasant but of late very pushy.

" I've never found Serif staff to be 'pushy' and it's very easy to say 'Thanks, but I don't need anything at the moment'. They've always respected that and left me alone.

Over the years, I've bought many things from them, and as a long-term customer, I've been offered some great deals. "

I must just be 'unlucky' and always get the pushy ones.

" long-term customer " ? To be honest I think that is just part of the sales chat.

The software is first rate, easy to use and priced ( when offered at their reduced rates ) very well. I have over the years recommend the software to others but following my last experience I think that will stop !

" See what the manager as to say "

I still await his reply !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?