Sending files as attachments to emails.

Les 17:26 21 Mar 2003

I have, recently, sent some very large files as attachments to a well respected member of this forum. Stupidly, I didn't zip them and, as a result this person's mailbox was well and truly bogged down leading to the return of these files to yours truly.

I make no bones about the foolishness of this action and suggest that, in the same circumstances, you remember this and do what I didn't do - zip 'em.

To the person involved I can only say that, if this caused him a lot of trouble, I do apologise.

Needless to say I have learned my lesson.

Djohn 17:34 21 Mar 2003

Done it myself in the past, without thinking, so join the very large club! :o(

wee eddie 17:52 21 Mar 2003

My little brother is a a prime example in this. Often forget that those of us on bicycles take quite a while to down load mail with two or three .bmp photos' in.

Les - your not alone in this, but making small slips is much better than not communicating at all.

Don't let it stop you.

Les 22:43 21 Mar 2003

I'll not stop sending attachments when asked but I will try to remember to zip then first!
Nevertheless folks, it's nice to know that someone else drops a clanger occasionally.

As I said, on this occasion it was to someone who's help has benefited many on this forum - hence the self indictment.

Thanks for your replies - they are appreciated.

wee eddie 09:44 22 Mar 2003

To try saving your file in a different format.

say a .bmp as a .jpg or a Word.doc as a .txt file

you may not even have to zip those

VoG™ 13:29 22 Mar 2003

Les

It isn't your fault, it is Blueyonder's. Senders receive a mailbox full error when it isn't. It has been like this for months now and BY have (apparently) done nothing to fix it.

I'll contact you with an alternate e-mail address.

I read this yesterday and thought nothing more of it. I didn't realise that you meant me - the "well respected" didn't ring any bells!

Wrpoaf 13:48 22 Mar 2003

I use an Sohu.com, if you sent a mail large than 1MB, It must be Bang!
Sometimes, I thought, Mail Server caught the throble.

anchor 16:17 22 Mar 2003

I have tried twice to send you a personal "thank you" for your help over the XP-mbr problem that I posted recently.

Twice it was returned to me stating your mailbox was full. This must be VERY annoying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?