Send it off to be fixed, only to find....

Si_L 18:33 22 Oct 2007

That absolutely nothing has been done to my 2 month old phone. It is obviously broken, it doesn't power on, and on the very rare occasion that it does, it doesn't get past the start-up.

Sending it back for the THIRD time now, hopefully Carphone will get their act together and sort it.

The same happened to the family computer a couple of months ago, and Tesco took 4 attempts to do anything about it. I guess its easier, and cheaper, for them to just send it back and hope the person will hire someone to fix it.

lisa02 10:11 23 Oct 2007

I'd be demanding a new phone.

jack 11:55 23 Oct 2007

Within the appropriate statute time every retailer

must replace/fix or refund - no argument
Just go at 'em.

rickf 14:44 25 Oct 2007

Hi,
I wish you luck. Had a problem with Carphone over a Nokia which was causing problems. They refused to exchange it for a new one even though it was under warranty. Each time it went back (3xs within the year) and they replaced it with what I believed to be a refurbished one and each developed a faulty very shortly after receiving it.
In the end I gave up and promised myself never to deal with them ever again. Have not done since and never will do. They still keep trying to offer me upgrades via text. I won't touch them with a 100m barge pole. I also make sure my friends and associates have the benefit of my experience.

Hayrick 15:10 25 Oct 2007

I have had at least 6 Nokia phones as free upgrades. Only one developed a problem and this I took to a Nokia repair centre. It was repaired with new parts while I waited free of charge. Excellent service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone