Selfridges.... Awful website!

Simsy 09:41 01 Jan 2009

We're thinking of getting a new TV, now that there are bargains to be had...

Thought I'd look at what Selfridges have to offer, as past of the research...

What a mess of a website!! A hugh retailer, no doubt spending a look on the site and that's the result!

Can't find TVs at all. ( I am, of course assuming that that they sell them?) Maybe they are on there somewhere, but I can't find them. And I can't see a "search" box either. I've given up on them, so that's a multi-hundred pound sale they've definately lost.

Ooooooh... that feels better!

Regards,

Simsy

Forum Editor 10:23 01 Jan 2009

and I agree that the site isn't exactly intuitive, but bear in mind that it's not designed as an e-commerce site.

If you want to buy a Bang and Olufsen Beovision 7 TV for around £4400:00 it's there, but you'll have to go to a store to get it.

Simsy 11:00 01 Jan 2009

That it wasn't an e-commerce site, (which I take to mean you can't buy online?). However, de-facto that means that's it's purpose, surely, is advertising, and providing information to potential shoppers...

I suggest that it fails miserably simply because it isn't intuitive.

It would take me well over an hour to get there, (and the same to get back), and I'm not going to do that on the "off chance" when there are other outlets (eg John Lewis), that give the info I want online.

Buy the way... How did you get to TVs? I am honestly trying hard!

Regards,

Simsy

canarieslover 11:56 01 Jan 2009

It appears that you can only view by brand and not genre. Definitely not intuitive. This is the sort of site I would have come out of straight away in my dial-up days. Life's too short to waste time with them.

spuds 14:54 01 Jan 2009

As you rightly say there are other outlets,who are catering for the public in a more friendly website way. Perhaps Selfridges would do best to lose their image and get into the 21st Century, especially as there is a finance recession on!.

I have just purchased a new television from John Lewis, but I had to go to the new local store so as to make 'a deal'. Argos were also stocking an off the shelf or delivery via on-line ordering, for the model that I wanted. JL won the deal 'partly' by their 5 'free' year warranty.

laurie53 08:58 02 Jan 2009

I find John Lewis is pretty good, but the best one I've come across is Lakeland.

Of course, not a lot of good if you're looking for televisions!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?