Self-Employed small busines accounting system

freaky 20:55 10 Sep 2006

I am looking for the above, and have done a Google search, but there are so many available!

Has anybody got a recommendation that they actually use ?

Dizzy Bob 21:01 10 Sep 2006

Had a demo from the MYOB rep last week, the product looks excellent, and is about half the price of the Sage equivalent.

Worth checking out,

DB

rupie 21:44 10 Sep 2006

there are many accounting packages and most are overly complicated for self employed people like you and me. Quickbooks have got a great package for about £45. It is meant to be dead simple for people who want to know who owes them what and how much profit they make.I use it and would recommend it

Kate B 21:47 10 Sep 2006

I'm biased, but this package written by my dad click here has a few fans here.

Newuser38 21:52 10 Sep 2006

I have used MYOB to look after my wife's accounts for 3 years now. They have a range of programs and used to allow you to download trial versions for short term use to see if they were ok for your needs. It is worth looking on their website.We needed one with the ability to record raw stock and then produce made up stock from that with all the costings worked out. A bit complex but we have not found one better. I think it is click here.

Newuser38 22:29 10 Sep 2006

MYOB Site is correct prices range from £67 plus vat upwards and 30 days free trial is available.

wee eddie 22:39 10 Sep 2006

If you are going to use the Software to help calculate your accounts, you must be prepared to pay an annual charge for updates.

This is not the software company trying to make extra money, but our Chancellors Budget which usually changes one or more sets of Taxation and assorted other Financial Regulations.

wee eddie 22:40 10 Sep 2006

It does the business.

Kate B 22:49 10 Sep 2006

Thanks, wee eddie, that's much appreciated.

Forum Editor 23:40 10 Sep 2006

at Moneybox - Kate's dad's package - and can endorse wee eddie's opinion.

Kate B 23:44 10 Sep 2006

And thank you, Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?