Search Engine Optimisation Company did not deliver

peedees 11:52 31 Oct 2006

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.
I paid for the helop of a search engine optimisation company to get my website listed more favourably.(Against advice I have to admit but I am not very technical so it seemed like an easier option than to do it myself - should have known better I suppose.) 6 months later I realise that it really has not worked. The promises made have not been kept and it has certainly not produced the results that were described. I have asked for a refund (one was promised if I was not happy) but have been told that only a partial refund (less than 50%) is possible because of costs that the company incurred submitting my site to the search engines.

Apart from putting it down to experience, do I have any options? It annoys me to think that people can just get away with this and take £200 (I paid £350 all together have been offered £150.00 refund) of my money for doing very very little and failing to produce results described.

MichelleC 11:58 31 Oct 2006

It pays to have a counter on site which can tell who, where and from and much more about the hits. This would give your case more weight if you wanted to take it further.
It's a case of do you want hassle or not. If you do you can sue online click here which doesn't cost much. But you will have to pay their costs if you lose. You've maybe got a fifty-fifty chance of winning.
Or you can put it down to experience.

peedees 13:12 31 Oct 2006

Thanks for your quick reponse and the link. I have an Urchin web traffic analysis program (as part of my web hosting) which details all traffic to the site and referrals etc. So I know exactly how much (or little!) effect the 'work' by the company has had. They promised positioning for certain keywords within a timeframe, most of the keywords have no positions at all almost 6 months on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone