Screwfix excellent service.

Arnie 01:25 11 Sep 2008

About a month ago I bought a percussion drill/breaker SDS power tool from Screwfix. I used it for a number of days to break up and remove some paving slabs and a small Bradstone wall.

Today I telephoned my local store to explain that due to a fault that had occurred, I would like to bring back just the drill for replacement, keeping back the case and tools supplied with the drill.
The reason for this was to make it easy for the drill to be ported in my wife’s cycle basket.
I was told that would be no problem.

On reaching the store, I explained that the SDS tools were being thrown out of the chuck, along with a spring, washer and hard rubber head cap assembly when in the percussion mode. Replacing them repeated the same scenario.

The store assistant brought out a complete new pack for exchange. I explained that I had only brought the drill back and had retained all the other bits including the case.
Don’t worry he said take the full kit for your trouble.

Meanwhile a young lady assistant cancelled my old receipt and printed off a new one for me with a full year’s warranty. I call this excellent service indeed. (:o)

Thats the sort of service I also have experienced from Screwfix. It's why I use them constantly and also of course why they are so successful.

spuds 12:08 11 Sep 2008

I have dealt with Screwfix since the days of the family business in Yeovil, and the father answering the complaints mail. Screwfix was taken over by the owners of B&Q, and went through a rather bad patch, when the likes of Toolstation and a few similar companies came into being. It didn't help neither, when Screwfix lost sight of their customer base leading to many disappointments and complaints.

They got over that period, and have now retained their status and customer base, due top 'excellent service'. One point worth mentioning perhaps, is their trade counter staff who seem very able and willing to help resolve issues. The other Sunday (yes they are open 7 days a week), I called into our local trade counter and requested certain items, of which most were available, some were not. Asked if I wanted to order the items, I agreed, and Monday afternoon, had telephone call to say items had arrived and were waiting collection. Went to collect the items, and was told in a very friendly manner, that the items were 'all ready' You cannot ask for better than that!.

Arnie 15:10 11 Sep 2008

I too have dealt with Toolstation via the Internet, another good company.
I also used Screwfix many times via the Internet.

Luckily I can now deal with Screwfix locally since they opened a new branch in Stevenage some time ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?