Screens, Laptops, Servers and more...

stupeedo 13:30 04 May 2004

A few general enquiries:

1) Looking for a pc; want 1GB memory, fast processor (but perhaps not the fastest). Uses: DVDs, music (perhaps simple editing), gaming, photoshopping, web site management/creation, constant internet access ('server' for laptop). no screen.

2) Looking for a laptop; probably want v high specs, gaming, office work, music/dvd when travelling, link to above pc for internet/lan gaming, size isn't vital (but smaller the better, etc).

3) TFT screen, currently use an SM151d, looking to purchase a screen separately - best deal so far is £315 inc delivery for L1710b. Any reccommendations?

Thanks!

byfordr 16:13 04 May 2004

Points for all what budget...???

3) What size screen are you after?

byfordr 16:17 04 May 2004

3) click here £310 inc del ebuyer £315 Amazon

stupeedo 16:23 04 May 2004

...well, like everyone, the best price!

Realistically, I'm thinking around £1000-£1300 for the desktop (without monitor remember) and abotu £1500 for the laptop.

My other consideration was perhaps going to Evesham and speccing up a system but without software/monitor/speakers, and trying to buy the rest online at a cheaper price. I know from experience that part of the monitor/speaker cost is absorbed by the manufacturer when buying a system, so I'm not sure if that will work out.

Speaking of systems, I noticed ALDI have a base unit for sale £749 (I think) with what appeared to be adequate specs...anyone have any experience?

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:43 04 May 2004

'Speaking of systems, I noticed ALDI have a base unit for sale £749 (I think) with what appeared to be adequate specs...anyone have any experience?...this is the Medion of which I have one. They come with 512mb of RAM and can be upgraded to 2GB.

click here

click here

G

stupeedo 21:53 05 May 2004

are there any pc deals floating around at the moment?

if not, can you reccomend a 17" tft - suitable for movies, gaming, etc.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone