Scan.co.uk, Is this right?

Chaz10 20:11 08 Oct 2007

At the end of June I ordered a epson DX6050 printer with a complete set of compatable cartridges to save me a trip back to the shop,yesterday 2 of the carts ran out,no problem I thought I've got spares so poped 2 in. Printer came up with an error message saying wrong carts installed, messing with it for about an hour I gave up.
Phoned Scan today and was told that the ink I was sold is not compatable as epson has changed the chip on the ink and that it would not refund me the four cartridges as it was to long since I bought them (just over 3 months)

Since 2001 I have spent approx £20000 with them and this is how it treats it's customers.

Can they really refuse me a refund as the items I was sold are not fit for there intended use.

STREETWORK 21:09 08 Oct 2007

Never heard such rubbish, chip changed indeed...

Google SSC Service Utility, this little program will sort out the chip problem...

Totally-braindead 22:24 08 Oct 2007

Well I've bought a few things from them and regardless of whether this is true or not, and personally I find it doubtful, the items they sold you were not compatible with the printer and do not work with the printer. I know its longer than 28 days since you purchased them but if they know that theres something wrong with the carts, which they clearly do as they've said that Epson changed the chips, they shoule refund you. If they don't then I would contact Trading Standards as as far as I am concerned they are in breech of the sales of goods act. Clearly the items they sold you are not fit for the purpose, the purpose being to work in an Epson DX6050.
I think a stern but polite letter to them explaining that this is not acceptable and thay you will be contacting Trading Standards as they are in breech of the Act may get a result. If they have any sense it should.

Chaz10 19:36 09 Oct 2007

Result

Poped into scan today, returns dept took a look at the invoice, dropped the cartridges in the bin and gave a full refund.

Well done Scan

Totally-braindead 22:28 09 Oct 2007

Glad they saw sense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?