scan.co.uk problems?

Mr Beeline 22:02 17 Jul 2007

Hi

Not used these guys before, but as they "appear" to be the only O/L retailer with an Opteron 180 in stock (socket 939), I placed an order with them.

I now get an Email that rings a few alarms:

"Please regard this email as a notification of delay in your order due to unexpected volumes in our warehouse. Please rest assured your custom is greatly valued and we will process your order with the utmost urgency. Your order has still been booked for a next working day delivery from the point of despatch and we will send further emails to confirm this"

I've done a quick a quick GOOGLE and there appear to be a number of complaints (fair enough ... some from a few years back) complaining about these sorts of delays.

Now I know everyone wants "instant" delivery and I do tend to get impatient when things don't turn up when expected...

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with them (IE. should I be worried).

spuds 22:18 17 Jul 2007

A number of people on this forum have used this company with satisfaction, I myself purchased goods from them a couple of years ago, and was well satisfied except for their expensive for small items delivery charges.

I did join up for their free delivery scheme, but have never used it. In fact I do not even know if that scheme still applies!.

Dipso 22:29 17 Jul 2007

You should be fine. I use them quite regularly but I collect in person as I'm local.

Mr Beeline 22:33 17 Jul 2007

I'll keep my fingers crossed. If only because these chips are not that easy to find at the moment.

madmartyr 22:53 17 Jul 2007

I placed a order with Scan on Friday, decided to change the motherboard on Saturday so emailed them. Decided on Monday to change it again late on Monday morning, recieved it all today. Great service

bjh 23:08 17 Jul 2007

Scan seem, in my opinion, to be in the top quarter of suppliers. When I have had a (minor) problem, it was swiftly and efficiently dealt with. Most orders have gone through just fine.

I'd interpret the email positively - a company has identified a delay, informed the customer immediately, upgraded the delivery option free of charge (I think), and promised to keep you informed of developments. Sounds OK to me! Wish more did just that.

citadel 23:12 17 Jul 2007

scan are good on delivery, all my stuff has been on time in a well wrapped parcel.

Stuartli 23:16 17 Jul 2007

I have used Scan both online and in person for at least 11 years and have always been perfectly happy with its products and service.

My last order brought a similar e-mail to the one you have quoted.

However, the order was in fact delivered as expected and I presume the staff worked later to complete orders (these are collected for next delivery until quite late in the evening by the couriers).

Mr Beeline 23:43 17 Jul 2007

O'well... at least all posts seem positive.

I was certainly impressed initially. As I Emailed a query to their sales people during the evening and got a response first thing next day.

I'll see what tomorrow brings.

Mr Beeline 18:01 18 Jul 2007

At least order has now moved to "picked awaiting dispatch". Lets hope it turns up tomorrow then.

Stuartli 18:06 18 Jul 2007

In this case it's the sign of a busy and successful organisation - its TodayOnly special offers are particularly worth a regular look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?