Scan.co.uk - gotta love 'em

nightporter 14:15 26 Mar 2003

With all the threads and hassels on here about online buying. I once again post a thank you to SCAN. Less than 23 hours after ordering and citylink are knocking on my door with my stuff. They have never let me down, and even if I could find something elsewhere a few pounds cheaper, I'd choose scan.

nightporter 14:15 26 Mar 2003

No, I don't work for them, by the way. (lol)

Stuartli 22:49 26 Mar 2003

I deal almost exclusively with Scan and so do a lot of other people I know.

Delivery is normally next morning after ordering but, as with so many similar outlets, returns can occasionally prove a problem.

However, I only live half-an-hour away so can call personally.

kingkenny 23:56 26 Mar 2003

Bought my CPU from them, has a 3yr warranty and the service was great.

Can't fault them....so far

Spook Tooth 01:36 27 Mar 2003

Scan have let me down in delivery before - or rather their couriers did, since they had not the common sense to ask for directions when they initially couldn't find my address.

Now they know it well and haven't ever given up trying to find it again - I usually get deliveries quite quickly and also live within half an hour's drive from them. Shame I don't have a car, though the train's pretty fast (unlike the bus - never ever take a bus from Manchester to Bolton.)

Spook Tooth 21:02 29 Mar 2003

Scan can be a lifesaver someimts though - got a serial ata hard drive and neither new mobos nor the drives themselves come with psu mole to serial power converters... duh!!

Even maplins don't stock them and a quick search and most places will be importing in next couple of months... but Scan?? They have 'em.. :D (shame about the £10+vat for £3-4 cost of 1 cable...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017