Scan computers - free delivery for life

Diodorus Siculus 13:26 12 Nov 2006

Register Now and get FREE delivery for life with online purchases at Scan.

click here

Seems good idea with no catches...

sidecar sid 13:56 12 Nov 2006

Thanks Diodorus Siculus.
I use scan quite often this is definitely a hot deal.
:-)

spuds 18:06 12 Nov 2006

Just registered,and will now wait for the response as per the on-line " Thank you for submitting your details, we will be in touch soon",(I have unticked the £75 voucher contact offer).

Seems as though this offer is tied in with a company called Omega Sektor, who have a special interest in gamers. I note in Scan's delivery page, there is no mention of this free delivery offer.It was only recently that I contacted Scan about their high postal charges for single small items (memory chip), and their reply seemed to suggest that they could not charge less than £7.99!.

Diodorus Siculus 18:18 12 Nov 2006

It's on a few sites at the moment and no one seems to have received a reply; it may be that it was sent to only certain people but the link became public.

GaT7 18:48 12 Nov 2006

Is this free delivery for *anything* from Scan or only for game-related items? G

spuds 19:53 12 Nov 2006

Crossbow7-- I wondered that, hence my remarks and registration, which I now await confirmation reply.

Stuartli 20:05 12 Nov 2006

I've had the same e-mail but am a bit puzzled at the spelling of Secktor - a Google search reveals no trace of Omega Secktor, only Omega Sector Ltd, plus a basic game website.

All the usual Scan links work from the e-mail link after it is opened.

Incidentally I'm not a gamer....:-)

GaT7 15:54 16 Nov 2006

I received an email from Scan this afternoon to register for the free delivery. There are certain T&Cs attached to the offer, & one cannot get free delivery for just anything. Still it seems quite good & thanks to DS for posting this info : ), G

Jackcoms 17:50 16 Nov 2006

Good offer. ;-(

All I get from your link is "You are not authorised to view this page".

Good offer.

Good offer. ;-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?