Scammed by Scan

AMD Fan Boy 15:50 09 Jan 2006

Hi folks, first message just would like your feedback on this shocker. I recently purchased an OEM AMD Opteron 144 which was recieved with seal on the box broken and a pin bent. Great I was very grupy as the stepping was ideal for overclocking. As per AMD's advice I was told not to bend the pin back. After contacting scan and sending the goods back special delivery at my cost Scan now insist good were recieved in good condition and tested working.....

I didn't take photos as I alway presumed Scan to have good customer service. Scan now tell me processor had nothing wrong and has been re-stocked for resale? Some poor bugger is going to pay for a repaired processor which has had a pin bent back. Thats great service. I have sent a number of emails as the damaged pin may reduce reliability and life expectancy of the processor. Their technical department seem to think its ok to repair and resell processors with bent pins. Also leaves me having lost out on cost of postage for return and I have now been told I will need to pay postage on a replacement as the origonal was not fauly and cannot have it on the origonal today only price.

Anyone know if they can get away with selling repaired CPU's? I've been as resonable as poss, have not shouted at them, explained I have many witnesses to damaged processor but they don't seem to care???

PaulB2005 16:06 09 Jan 2006

Without any form of proof i would be very careful what you say. Sadly without proof there is not much you can do, i fear.

AMD Fan Boy 16:18 09 Jan 2006

Tell me about it, I'm so gutted I didn't take a pictures as I usually would. However I'm trying to get hold of someone at Scan who can see that I have no reason to lie as this is what they are implying. This was why I have not asked for money back for the postage.

I just feel really gutted for the person who buys the 'repaired' processor.

Rayuk 18:21 09 Jan 2006

How did you contact AMD, if via e-mail send Scan a copy of their reply see what they have to say.

ade.h 19:09 09 Jan 2006

It is my understanding that - under the terms of the SSGA - an item which has been subject to any kind of repair must be described as such if it is to be resold.

spuds 22:11 09 Jan 2006

For advice click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone