Savastore/Watford Electronics refund or NOT!!!

Glancing Blow 19:54 13 Oct 2003

Has anyone else had problems with Savastore - a Division of Watford Electronics?
I have just returned a Sapphire Video Card after some 3 mths of battling gremlins having built a computer from scratch. Calling savastores enquiry line only advised me that the graphics card was good and that I needed to change Op system from Win98 to XP. Needless to say that this did not resolve the display problems.
I pointed out to Savastore that similiar display problems had been experienced by many users of the same card and, eventually I found out that a possible batch of faulty memory was used on the card!?! - Grrrrgh!
Anyway having returned this card I have been given an automatic refund well below the original price I paid. I have read their return policy and by what I read I am intitled to the full amount +P&P!!!
Anyone else had the same problem?
Is this a trait of Savastore?
Take heed anyone about to order from Savastore.

One never knows, Savastore may have made a simple clerical error and all will be resolved in the Morning - I hope.

Keep ya posted, Lance

spuds 23:45 13 Oct 2003

This company as been mentioned before in these forums, for their customer care. A search may bring up some facts.

If you were entitled to a full refund,and you have not received this. Then I would take the matter further with the company, or consult your local trading standards department, for their advice.

Forum Editor 23:45 13 Oct 2003

(and from what you say it would seem that it was not) you are indeed entitled to a full refund.

Glancing Blow 23:55 14 Oct 2003

Thanks guys for the response!
As the title is, I am still looking into it.

Spuds - I am asking the company to look again, but as you know these things take time, but I will keep you guy's posted.

Forum Editor - Is there any chance that the guy's you work with could back me up on the bad side of the Atlantis Pro 9700? I mean sift the internet and see the the reports of bad memory etc... What's worse is you guy's recommended the card, and by the way I am not blaming you!?! But that is exactly what my problem boils down to, big company small user! - Need I say more? I am just looking for advice.

Thanks again, anyone else got anything to say?
TC, Lance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires