Savastore - human wanted

researcher 19:48 11 Aug 2004

Hi, ordered Athlon XP2600+. The one supplied did not match the ad and will not work in my M'board.

Three e-mails later (1st one on-line to 'apply for' a return number) and since the 3rd August I've had no response - not very long I suppose, but I am used to prompt response from most on-line retailers.

Tried phoning, but everything automatic and refers to their web-site - except sales who will not/can not assist.

Does anyone have a number that will get me through to a human?

Totally-braindead 22:47 11 Aug 2004
  Totally-braindead 22:48 11 Aug 2004

Sorry just reread your thread, that'll be the numbers you've already tried.

spuds 23:26 11 Aug 2004

Try sending an email, to the main man Shiraz Jessa [email protected]

Stuartli 11:15 12 Aug 2004

If you bought it using your credit card inform your CC company.

It will take the matter up on your behalf and, if necessary, make a refund, along with your costs or expenses if warranted.

Whether or no the Athlon cost £100 or more makes no difference (at least I've found with Visa) as CC companies prefer to root out retailers that cause them and card users any problems and take action.

Sans le Sou 21:06 12 Aug 2004

When/if they get round to it they will send you a prepaid label by e-mail. Whatever you do, get a proof of posting when you send it back as sometimes they say your item has been lost in the post and without a post office stamp as proof they will not entertain a refund.

researcher 23:26 12 Aug 2004

Thank you all for your suggestions, I think my next step will be my credit card company.

Interesting that no-one can advise how to contact a human - other than sales!

Probably the last time I will shop with them so ultimately it is their loss.

Thanks again

researcher 11:45 14 Aug 2004

On Friday I received the RA and advice that they will be collecting on the 17th - so hopefully I will then get my refund.

I now also have a tel No. for a human! I've not tried it though as hopefully I now will not need it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?