Sat Nav - again!

GroupFC 13:07 26 Aug 2007

I am think of getting a Sat Nav unit but I am a little (!) confused about the variety of units available and so am dithering about what to go for!

I don’t have a large budget (up to £150) and have seen this, which has taken my fancy click here the reviews all look quite positive (but they would - wouldn’t they?).

Does anybody have this or any comments/advice to offer?

rdave13 16:13 26 Aug 2007

Have a read of this thread. Mind you I'm biased as I use the TT one..;) click here

spuds 17:11 26 Aug 2007
  spuds 17:15 26 Aug 2007

Whoops error in link, try click here

ton 18:09 26 Aug 2007

My advice is buy the TomTom One.
It is the best for the money.

Bingalau 18:46 26 Aug 2007

I got a TomTom One (Europe included) for under £200. However I bought it in the USA. At the time the same item in this country cost well in excess of £200 and did not include European maps. I think you can get one here in the UK now for less than the price I paid, but beware because it too, may not have European maps.

jack 08:34 27 Aug 2007

I've got a 30 year old dogeared AA atlas of the UK
It's never got me lost yet.
Mind you I have got lost regardless of it ;-}

spuds 11:51 27 Aug 2007

If you have 100% faith in a Sat Nav devices, do not come to my area of the country. Two local council's have had to make provisions of signposting and closing two roads due to inaccuracies of sat nav directions. One road leads to a ford which can prove very problematic in rainy periods. The other road now leads to a cul de sac, since a by-pass was opened a couple of years ago.I keep meaning to try my sat nav out in these two areas, as they are not far from where I live, might be an experience!.

In both cases, it caused the council's and the police to become involved, because both areas caused large artic lorries difficulties with reversing out of the situation, and the local residents were becoming very annoyed, especially when they were being woken up in the early hours of the morning on a more to often regular basis.

One person as now lost a nice little earner since the council's arrangements. No more assisting and pulling out the boy racer, rep's or "I'm not going to get stuck" car out of the ford now :O)

Belatucadrus 12:27 27 Aug 2007

ebuyer don't vet the reviews, if somebody thinks a product is pants and posts a bad review it stays up. Just check out this RAM module click here , clearly very hit or miss and a lot of people hate it.
So anything getting that much positive feedback is probably OK.

GroupFC 08:38 30 Sep 2007

Sorry everybody - just realised I haven't ticked this one! I ended up going for the Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox N100, (as in my original post) and I am very pleased with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?