sanning application forms

spartan 14:47 26 Jan 2003

does anyone know of a program that allows you to scan in an application form so that you can use microsoft word to type into the boxes.
thank you

Coaster3 15:38 26 Jan 2003

Try OmniPagePro

spartan 18:10 26 Jan 2003

thanks coaster3 I will try and find the web site.

Djohn 20:19 26 Jan 2003

spartan, the software that came with you scanner should have an OCR program, and this will do the job.

Alan2 20:30 26 Jan 2003

I have scanned forms into Corel Draw - but any similar graphics package would work as well - then keyed text into the appropriate boxes.

That way the form is preserved "as issued".

I believe OCR packages are great and used OmniPage Pro but I think trying to re-assemble a form to send in would not be simple.

Alan.

spartan 21:10 26 Jan 2003

Thanks Alan and Djohn,when you say re-assemble do you mean print it off in a way that would be acceptable. I aim to use this kind of program to fill in job applications and official documents,because due to a hand injury my hand writing is untidy.
Thanks for the help.

beeuuem 21:41 26 Jan 2003

The only way that I ever managed this was to scan the form as an image and save it. This image was then used to create a watermark in Wordperfect(I assume the same can be done in Word),the text added as required and printed off.

Djohn 22:29 26 Jan 2003

spartan, Due to Osteo-Arthritis, I too have difficulty with forms. I get round this by neatly setting out all the answers to the numbered questions in word, and then attaching same to the form.

Form then just needs a signature, a small explanation as to why has always been excepted, even with official forms.

Alan2 22:49 26 Jan 2003

Yes that's exactly what I meant. But Djohn's approach should be totally acceptable to any "decent" organisation.

Good luck.

Alan.

spartan 08:30 27 Jan 2003

Thanks again eveyone for your help I will try these options out.

Djohn 15:38 27 Jan 2003

click here may be of interest to you spartan. Regards, J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?