Samsung service

exdragon 18:38 21 Jul 2009

How things should be dealt with: the DVI connection on my 18 month old LCD monitor packed in. OK, perhaps it shouldn't have at this stage, but nevertheles it did!

I rang Samsung at 9.00am yesterday, told them exactly what had been tried (new cable, different monitor, analogue working perfectly) and then had a call at 2.00pm to ask if they could exchange it today.

Delivered, set up and working perfectly - so far, anyway. Isn't it nice when someone gets it right?

Charence 23:13 21 Jul 2009

This is nice to hear.

BTW, was it still under warranty?

laurie53 07:24 22 Jul 2009

Interesting.

I have managed, entirely through my own stupidity, to wipe the recovery partition on my Samsung laptop.

While I have recovered the o/s I was thinking of asking Samsung if they might download me a copy of the partition at nominal cost.

I am now thinking of it even more!

exdragon 07:55 22 Jul 2009

Yes, it was - it had a three year warranty. I think what was nice that there was no quibble at all, just wanted to know the serial number and model code then said it'd be exchanged within 5 days. I didn't have to pack it up or anything, the courier arrived with a box, took out the replacement and put mine in and that was it.

laurie53 - give it a go, you've nothing to lose and as you know it was your fault, you can be totally honest!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?