Samsung CLP-300 fault and servicing

Norvass 11:24 04 Jan 2011

I have a two year old CLP-300 which I bought from PC world a couple of years ago. There is a major fault with the product in that it won't pick up the paper from the in tray. I have followed lots of online advice but apart from getting it to work once or twice the thing needs a major overhaul. I can't find a samasung service centre in the North east of England. There is one in Edinburgh. Should I throw the printer away as it is more troube than it is worth? Any advice very welcome
Adrian

Chris the Ancient 11:59 04 Jan 2011

I have the CLP-315 and had similar problems for a while.

I found that slackening off the paper guides and giving the paper tray a good hard shove when I pushed it in helped. Worth a try?

Norvass 13:07 04 Jan 2011

I will give it a go
Adrian

Both my grandfather and father owned the all in one version of that printer, and both of theirs failed after approx 18 month due to varying faults in the actual printing mechanism. I can only conclude that these machines are not built to last, so I would advise against spending any considerable money on a 2 year old machine, which could then fail a week later with a totally different fault!

You could buy a new machine such as this click here (I've been put off Samsung laser printers now), which comes with 50% filled toner cartridges, so all things considered you don't actually end up being that much out of pocket, but get a brand new machine out of it.

Norvass 14:07 04 Jan 2011

It worked a couple of times for a black and white document but when it came to a colour pdf/leaflet it failed. I think it should be consigned to the bin!

dms_05 08:20 05 Jan 2011

Samsung have issued a firmware update since I purchased my CLP300 and it solved many of the problems I had with this printer. Mine almost reached the bin before I found the new Driver and Firmware. Now the printer works perfectly. Don't forget to empty the 'waste' container (left of the printer mechanism with the front flap open).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?