Sainsbury's batteries

ronalddonald 19:53 22 Mar 2010

are absolutely useless don't hold a charge and a complete waste of time to use in a cd player. Take it from me. i bought a pack and ive found them to not hold good enough time charge whereas if i use Asda's ot Tesco' they do, why is that.

or is something to do with economies of scale

Forum Editor 20:35 22 Mar 2010

just because you had one bad pack is a bit of a sweeping condemnation, isn't it?

ronalddonald 20:37 22 Mar 2010

saying what happened with the pack i bought.

PalaeoBill 21:08 22 Mar 2010

I bought a pack of own brand batteries from Morrisons put them in the door bell and they failed withing a couple of weeks. I took them back, they exchanged the pack no quibble and the new ones have been in for a good six months no problems, still going strong.
I think you may have just had a bad pack. It happens.

morddwyd 07:24 23 Mar 2010

The same thing happened to me with Duracell.

Like Paleobill says, it happens.

anchor 09:17 23 Mar 2010

I get all my alkaline batteries, (all different sizes) from Poundland. Only ever had one bad pack.

For £1 they are excellent.

david lu 10:32 23 Mar 2010

Poundland ....... 15 aaa .... 12 aa Hyundai. £1 per pack.
I have used them in a variety of appliances.
When used in childrens toys, which take a bit of a hammering, they lasted far longer than i expected. They were the equal to all apart from Duracell of course but i would expect them to be superior. Trouble is, they were not in stock when i last visited Poundland.
The only choice was Panasonic and they don't last very long in my experience.

david lu 10:46 23 Mar 2010

Poundland ....... 15 aaa .... 12 aa Hyundai. £1 per pack.
I have used them in a variety of appliances.
When used in childrens toys, which take a bit of a hammering, they lasted far longer than i expected. They were the equal to all apart from Duracell of course but i would expect them to be superior. Trouble is, they were not in stock when i last visited Poundland.
The only choice was Panasonic and they don't last very long in my experience.

david lu 10:47 23 Mar 2010

Its a double entry !

interzone55 11:12 23 Mar 2010

Watch out with Poundland, their multip-packs of Sony batteries are the old Zinc-Carbon types and won't last 5 minutes in a digital camera...

anchor 15:20 23 Mar 2010

Poundland stock both ordinary Zinc Carbon and Alkaline batteries. Check the label before you buy.

You get a few less with the Alkaline, but they are still excellent value. I always buy their Alkaline batteries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?