RW DVDs..Which ones to buy?

lixdexik 18:01 16 Aug 2007

What would you recommend I buy for reliability?
I have 14x 3hr family video tapes that I am putting on to DVD,
I have now done 9 DVD+R DL discs, 17 hrs in total (still a long way to go), so far not one has played without a fault of some kind. They all play flawlessly on a computer but not on the standalone player for the TV.
My LG dvd burner is very new, so no compatibility probs with discs. I use Pinnacle studio 10+ to edit the footage and Nero 6 to burn the discs.
My player is a Toshiba, I have tried several different makes of disc and get mixed results, At the moment I am using Datawrite 2.4x 8.5GB DVD+R DL.. So what make would you use? & where to buy?

Cheers Lixdexik.

lixdexik 18:03 16 Aug 2007

I wish there was an edit facility here.

Cheers Lixdexik.

hereford456 18:43 16 Aug 2007

Sony or Philips.

Joe R 18:46 16 Aug 2007

lixdexik,

in my opinion, the most reliable brands are, (in no particular order) Infiniti, Verbatim, Ritek and Imation.

Stuartli 00:05 17 Aug 2007

Joe R's recommendation includes at least two brands (Imation and Infiniti) that I have used for some years, because they are rebadged Taiyo Yuden media.

Taiyo Yuden is probably the best media manufacturer in the world (as per the lager advert!)

Imation claims that some of its DVD media products will last for at least 100 years, but don't ask me why it is so sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?