The right to cancel

Alf58 20:23 18 Jun 2007

Saturday before last a rep from BT rang me and asked me if I wanted Total Broadband 3 which I already have. He then offered me a free homehub and net phone if I agreed to sign on for another 18 months. Like a fool I agreed to this!!!! The kit is due to be delivered tomorrow. Am I within my rights to cancel what I said over the phone nine days ago? I have had no written confirmation and have signed nothing. I have been unhappy with BT for some time and in recent days things have got worse and before this phone call I was nearing the end of my contract and would like to sign up to a better broadband provider.

spuds 21:00 18 Jun 2007

Not sure about this now, but I think that a case like this may have left you with a slight problem, due to the fact you agreed on the phone to extend your contract, and as such you have a verbal agreement. Contact Consumer Direct for the latest consumer laws on this. click here

The other alternative is to see what is delivered, and if BT enclose any paperwork for you to read and/or sign.

You might want to read this click here but I think that you may find it doe's not apply.

recap 21:00 18 Jun 2007

I think you are within your right to cancel up to 14 days after you agreed. But don't hold me to that.

Dipso 21:44 18 Jun 2007

I hope you do manage to cancel but whatever you do, don't use the Hub, it will likely mess up your line even more. Stick with your Belkin.

Alf58 22:35 18 Jun 2007

Yes Dipso, I have been reading about the disasterous home hub. I have no intention of even opening the box! Even if I am stuck with the contract I'll stick with my Belkin or upgrade to a better one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?