RH Logic 4 office chairs

PalaeoBill 22:36 18 Feb 2010

Many moons ago, back in the early 90's, I bought a number of office chairs that were specifically designed for people with spinal injuries. The chairs are still going strong but the rubber arm rest inserts on several of them had cracked up and disintegrated.
Top marks for RH still being in business, still selling a variant of the chairs (Logic 4) and more importantly for holding a stock of spares for my variant. They don't sell to the public but they put me in touch with a distributor, Posturite, who does. A part number was provided a special order set up for me and I got the parts at ten pounds a pop, all within a couple of days. Quick, easy, no fuss and all bar the credit card payment was done by e-mail.
I love it when a company has its act together like this.

Al94 22:45 18 Feb 2010

That's why they're still around - quality customer service.

Forum Editor 22:48 18 Feb 2010

that there are companies who believe in supporting their products long after the period required by law.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and well done RH and Posturite.

click here

Now if only those beautiful chairs weren't so expensive....

PalaeoBill 11:36 19 Feb 2010

We paid around £600 each for them, claimed the VAT back and depreciated them over five years. Second hand ones on e-bay are still fetching £200 plus. They are still in use today; mine has been in every office I've worked in since and is now in my study. At a rough estimate, its cost me about £30 a year and it must have saved at least that much in painkillers. Bargain.

wiz-king 12:25 19 Feb 2010

After I was injured in an underground rock fall I had trouble getting comfortable on a normal office chair and I bought a kneeler click here and I still use it occasionally. I don't think it would meet 'elf & safety rules now as it only has 4 wheels and now movable chairs have to have 5.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017