returning faulty products to pc world

  debz19 18:25 02 Dec 2007

i purchased a hard drive from pc world and its now faulty i returned with it to be told without the reciept i could not exchange the product its less than 12 months old. we have moved house and cant find anything to prove we got it from pc world are they breaching my rights as a consumer

  debz19 18:31 02 Dec 2007

we paid in cash for the item and they say they cant trace it if thats how we paid

  GANDALF <|:-)> 18:32 02 Dec 2007

It is your responsibility to kep receipts, not PCW.


  debz19 18:52 02 Dec 2007

ok thanks for the help anyway

  RobCharles1981 19:51 02 Dec 2007

PC World should keep your name and details on their computer system so they will have proof that you did brought it from them and that way you should be ok.

  roycethedoc 19:55 02 Dec 2007

not if you didn't give them in the first place

  roycethedoc 19:58 02 Dec 2007

if you know the date of purchase
and roughly the time ask them to do a search for that product code
will take some time about tem mins or so but can be done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?