Replacement printer for HPDeskjet 940c

gnvqsos 12:51 27 Jan 2009

I would like to replace my Hewlett P 940c.I believe it is cheap to run and I am happy with the quality of results.I would like a basic printer but I am happy to pay up to £100 if this means superior build quality.With a teacher and three teenagers on exam courses in the household we do a fair bit of printing.
Can you please suggest a suitable alternative?
Thanks in advance

birdface 13:27 27 Jan 2009

Wikinsons are selling a three in one printer[Lexmark I think] for £30 I believe you can get it cheaper from elsewhere.I found Lexmark to be very expensive for refills but at that price throw it out when the ink is finished and buy a new one.Maybe not what you are looking for but the price is right.

jack 20:06 28 Jan 2009

With 4 users in the house ohld I guess this machine is going to be worked pretty hard.
So a robust machine with cheap running costs wolud suggest a move away from ink jet to Colour laser
I purchases a Samsung CLP315 from PC world just befor Christmas for pennies less than £100. I see now it has gone to £120 but still good value and an excellent machine. Shop around you may see it cheaper

click here

GaT7 20:50 28 Jan 2009

If you don't go the laser route, I'd also suggest an all-in-one, but avoid Lexmark if you can - buteman mentions one of the reasons.

Couple to consider for under £50:

HP C4480 ALL-IN-ONE PHOTOPRINTER click here

HP F4180 3-IN-1 PHOTOPRINTER click here

Don't forget to use the 10% voucher code mentioned there. G

jaraba 22:15 28 Jan 2009

Get an Epson all in one.
4 Separate ink cartridges.
My son got one for £30 just recently.

alan2273 18:53 31 Jan 2009

I have just replaced my HP950C (which popped its clogs after 8 years good service), and have brought another HP, the Photosmart D5460, which cost £54 from Comet.
It has 6 seperate ink cartridges, Prints on CD's and has an integral card reader as well as a small view screen, so can be used without the computer.
And it is fast at printing data or photographs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?