Remote control for my PC?

zincy 16:01 22 May 2006

Hey all

I was wondering if there was a device that allows me to fast forward rewind and select the videos from my PC to play on a tv? In another words i'm just using a TV out from my pc and want a remote control for it? instead me me getting up to change the channel?

thanks
zincy

Stuartli 16:29 22 May 2006

My Twinhan DTV-ter D+A Freeview PCI TV card came with a remote control which can be used to do numerous tasks including Play, Pause, Stop, Record, FF etc with the PVR software.

However, I rarely use it for other than switching the TV side on or off or changing channels as I prefer the mouse equivalents.

Such a card might be what you are looking for?

Stuartli 16:36 22 May 2006

This is a description of the TV Card (not where I bought it!):

click here

Note that it comes with Cyberlink PowerCinema software, but Twinhan now has its own updated and vastly superior BDA drivers and PVR software available on its website.

zincy 19:39 22 May 2006

yes that does sound like whatt i'm looking for... but i dont really need a tv tuner as I only watch computer files on my computer

thanks for the suggestion though

dontmeshwithme 20:34 22 May 2006

I think this is what you are looking for click here welcome to rip-off britain click here
alternatively this also looks very good click here

zincy 21:45 22 May 2006

yes!!
thanks dontmeshwithme!
thats the one i'm looking for
£20 seems okay... however £40.. seems extreme hehe

Stuartli 23:44 22 May 2006

What exactly are the "videos" to which you refer?

dontmeshwithme 09:23 23 May 2006

If you get one can you please let me know how you get on with it as I am considering one myself.

Thanks

zincy 22:34 23 May 2006

Yeah i'm still deciding...
the videos i'm refering to are the computer ones liek AVI, RMVB etc...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?