reimage malware & pc cleaner.

alibob1526 13:23 30 Sep 2014

Can you tell me if I need to spend money on a programe called Reimage. I tried the free scan which told me I had certain critical problems on my HP G72 laptop,Win.7. At the moment I have Norton internet installed, would this program have not detected the problems found by Reimage? I do not wish to waste my pension on something that is not really required. Thank You. PS: what internal hard-drive would you recommend for this laptop?.

lotvic 14:23 30 Sep 2014

Regarded as scareware, it's a scam to get you to pay for the program to fix non-existent problems, read this thread on computerhope.com ClickHere

How to remove: ClickHere

quote/ "Reimage (Reimageplus), often referred to as the Reimage PC Repair virus, Reimage Repair virus, Reimageplus virus, or simply the Reimage virus, is malware categorized as Scareware (Reimage PC Repair, fraudulent PC Repair software), that utilizes unethical tactics and malicious browser attachments, such as the Reimage Smartbar, Reimage Community Smartbar, Reimage Customized Web Search, Reimage Windows Problem Relief PC Repair, and malicious third party browser add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and Toolbars to infect a computer system and operate a series of attacks, including symptoms of rogue software and browser hijacker malware." /end quote

The programs used to remove are Free, Malwarebytes Anti-malware and Free CCleaner

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?