Registry Scan

Guy Fawkes 10:47 03 Jun 2007

My laptop is having problems with microsoft explorer with windows XP and I have seen on the net "RegCure" for "Free".
Is it any good?
Or can someone suggest the best option for a Registry Scan?
If Free, all the better!
Thanx

Stuartli 10:53 03 Jun 2007

Download CCleaner and use the Issues button. If unsure about any issues that arise, make a backup first using the facility provided. See:

click here

iscanut 11:11 03 Jun 2007

It may be free, but the free download is limited in its repair actions. You need to buy the full version for all facilities !

Cymro. 11:13 03 Jun 2007

Some of the scans on offer on the net only scan your computer. They cum up with a long

list of problems but with no way to fix them. They then try to get you to buy their

software so as to fix the problems. You are much better off taking Stuartlis very good advise.

Cymro. 11:13 03 Jun 2007

Some of the scans on offer on the net only scan your computer. They cum up with a long

list of problems but with no way to fix them. They then try to get you to buy their

software so as to fix the problems. You are much better off taking Stuartlis very good advise.

try this
click here
full version,but will only correct 10 problems a t a time,rescan until clear(tip deselect areas with no problems to speed up process)
ive also used this one
click here

Totally-braindead 11:31 03 Jun 2007

Ccleaner works for me. Brlliant program.

grumpygramp 11:39 03 Jun 2007

Follow Stuartli and Totally-braindead`s advice . It really is a very good option .I use it and it has never yet caused me any problems .

sunny staines 12:36 03 Jun 2007

winaso.com and iobit advanced windows care2 from iobit web site are both good free reg cleaners

FatboySlim71 20:41 03 Jun 2007

I highly recommend CCleaner, running it and clicking on the Issues button will do as good a job as any registry cleaner IMO.

click here

winaso picked up 249 entries that c cleaner missed.
net effect faster system,although i still use c cleaner also

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?