Refund from Paypal to E Bay

Xam 17:52 16 Apr 2007

I have been advised by paypal that they have sent a refund in november 2006 to my e bay account for £8.45. E bay have only credited me with £3.45. I have written dozens of e mails to both of them but cannot get any decent answers - they all seem to be standard answers. I cannot find where the £5 has gone - all they keep saying is to contact the other. I am so frustrated that I cannot get any sense when i e mail them - can anyone help or direct me where i can go to (its not the money but the principle thats driving me mad)

spuds 18:14 16 Apr 2007

PayPal are covered by FSA rules, but for £5.00 you are going to need to do an awful lot of work to get any re-address there.There's no harm in trying the FSA, if you want to obtain further advice and perhaps resolve the issue.

Have you thought about trying the eBay or PayPal community forums for advice, perhaps someone there as had similar experiences.

If you have checked both your eBay and PayPal accounts, then this should show if and when, and how much was debited or credited to/from each account. If it shows that £8.45 was sent by PayPal, and only £3.45 in the eBay account, then ask eBay why you are £5.00 missing. Have eBay deducted any fees!.

Regarding the standard answer, this seems to be the normal way eBay and PayPal work, hence my suggestion about using their community forums.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires