Received wrong part

jhwhite 16:04 30 Nov 2010

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a computer (which arrived today) from Cougar-extreme. When I looked through the clear plastic side I've just noticed that they've given me a different PSU to the one I ordered.

I ordered a: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TXUK

and received a: Lian Li Maxima Force 650W PSU

Should I be happy about this?

The Lian Li is listed as more expensive on their site but id it really better? I really don't know much about computer components.

I am considering informing them anyway just in case they had a mix up and I'm an honest fool.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:25 30 Nov 2010

I would much rather have the Lian..great make and a good substitution.

G

Woolwell 16:39 30 Nov 2010

Cougar tend to do this. They find they haven't a part and substitute one, often a better one, but don't inform the customer. This happened to me.

jhwhite 19:15 30 Nov 2010

Thanks again Guys

spuds 11:45 01 Dec 2010

If you have need to contact their support, you will also find that they have the customers interest at heart, not like some other companies that I could perhaps mention. Buying from this company, you have made a wise decision.

GaT7 17:03 01 Dec 2010

As Woolwell says, when an original component is not available, most system builders substitute it with another of similar/better spec & value. I think the quality Lian Li PSU meets at least one of these criteria, so it'll be OK. They should have let you know though, & this lack of communication can annoy more than the substitute!

Lian Li are actually much better known for their lovely all-aluminium PC cases than PSUs! G

interzone55 21:24 01 Dec 2010

Such a shame Dell don't do this, they'll happily hold up a system for a week waiting for the correct graphics card when they have loads of similar spec cards on the shelf

HondaMan 09:54 02 Dec 2010

MAybe. But if the use a substitute part, you can bet your bottom dollar somebody will use that as an excuse to reject the item, or otherwise criticise dell for using a non-specified part

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?