Read My Broadband Speed Test Results Please.

Big L 266 12:55 19 Oct 2009

Hello. I was curious as to what speed my internet was running at 12.50pm today Monday 19th October and the result is below.

click here

Not bad for a market town in Lincolnshire is it!

iqs 13:42 19 Oct 2009

Can I ask what Mbit connection your paying for please?

Big L 266 14:49 19 Oct 2009

Hello.

I pay for an 'up to 8mbit' connection but 5.39mbps is about right for daytime usage. I have known it to be at 6.5mbps sometimes. I believe I get really good value for my money.

Hope this helps.

iqs 17:17 19 Oct 2009

Hi,
If your paying for an 'up to 8Mb connection,then the speeds you are receiving are very good indeed.

My neighbour gets his connection via a BT phone line, he's on a up to 20Mb connection,the best he gets is 3 to 6 Mb.

I have Virgin cable 20Mb connection,my connection speed is between 18 and 20Mb,like you I cant fault my connection.

OTT_Buzzard 18:31 19 Oct 2009

My parents live in a market town in lincolnshire....and get similar results, unfortunately BT are late upgrading the exchange. tney should be on waaaaaaay more.

This is a handy ste if you want to see your potential broadband future:

click here

Big L 266 18:59 19 Oct 2009

iqs..thats a real contrast in service from something going down a copper wire to that of a cable connection. You get the superior service and your neighbour gets a very good service. It is indeed strange.

OTT..thats good to know that others here in Lincolnshire getting similar results. I have to confess that the ugly concrete edifice orwellian BT building has to be the grimmest looking place in Spalding. It wouldn't be out of place in one of those old horror Bela Lugosi films. I guess living 200 yards from the exchange gives me this high-speed internet. Oddly enough, my mobile phone is with T-Mobile and the inbound/outbound signal is equal to anything on a landline. I guess I have the best of both worlds! Thanks for the link. I'll be having a look later.

All the best.

OTT_Buzzard 19:08 19 Oct 2009

Probably the same ugly concrete edifice orwellian BT building design that's in Bourne where my folks are!

iqs 20:27 19 Oct 2009

I know,I told him of the problems you can get with an ISP via a BT phone line,and the advantages of BB via cable,but it was his choice.

mrbeen 07:08 16 Nov 2009

internet speed test can be done here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?