Quick Mesh response

CooksterC 17:29 05 Oct 2004

As some of you will be aware, I have had a few 'teething' problems with my new Mesh PC, and I thought that these would all go away, when I received my sp2 cd, complete with serial ata drivers.

One problem, my system would not accept the cd. I booted up using it, and eventually, it hung when searching for previous versions of windows, part of the windows setup.

I rang Mesh support, and the phone was answered within 5 minutes by a competent engineer, who went through with me making sure I was booting from the cd, which I would expect, as there are less than competent users out there.

He then said he would arrange for an engineer to visit, with 2 new hard drives, striped etc in the way I have my current machine, which should be within the week.

Praise for Mesh. I got through to them with out any problems, the help desk person was competent, and not patronising, and I am hoping the solution will resolve my issues. First time for me was a success.

Stuartli 12:09 06 Oct 2004

Makes a change not to come across a bash Mesh approach - my only experience with the company was a very pleasant one and involved little more than buying a system on behalf of a friend and installing it for her.

That was 13 months ago - the owner is now 82 - and she's never experienced any problems despite her original complete lack of knowledge about computing.

Dellman 13:00 06 Oct 2004

I have just bought 2 PCs from MESH. I am very happy with the product. However, I have had problems registering these 2 machines with their Technical Support service. Yesterday I was kept waiting on their Helpline for 15mins, and then cut off. I had to redial, and when I got through after another 10mins, I was told to ring Technical Support direct (They could not patch me through). After another 10 mins waiting to get through, I was told to send another Email......I had already done this a week ago!!

So..........to smmarise...35mins waiting time....!!.....

Oh, and I still await responses to the emails!!

MESH Support 13:08 06 Oct 2004

To the best of my knowledge all of the emails I received from you have been responded to.

With regards to the online help system I beleive Phil was due to contact you directly regarding registering two machines from the same order number after ascertaining what the problem is.

I will need to speak to him to receive an update but regretably he is out of the office today.

Davey

Mesh Support

Sans le Sou 13:54 06 Oct 2004

Does everyone at Mesh work a one day week?

Dellman 14:27 06 Oct 2004

Thanks Davey...

I await the update.

CooksterC 16:14 06 Oct 2004

After being told it would be at least 3 working days before the engineer would have the parts to be able to visit my sick PC, I was suprised to hear from the engineer today.

He will be arriving tomorrow with 2 hard drives, and hopefully fix my sick PC.

This is better than I expected, I thought it would be next week. Well done Mesh

spuds 19:47 06 Oct 2004

"Doe's everyone at Mesh work a one day week?". I would say not, when you look at the response time people like Davey & Co give.

CooksterC 12:38 07 Oct 2004

Engineer has just been, swapped the hard drives, and everything seems to be fine.

Well done Mesh, call complete, customer satisfied, 2 days after call.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?