Purely Gadgets

Genius1 18:08 29 Dec 2006

Has anyone ordered from this company - Purley Gadgets (click here). How quickly did you recieve your products and how efficient/reliable is their customer service?

I'm buying a new HDD camcorder and it's either this company or Dixons. Thanks in advance.

cetlab 19:12 29 Dec 2006

Bought Panasonic camera from Purely Gadgets in October it was delivered within 5 days.
Delivery might be different this time of year due to holidays and stock levels.
Customer service i have not had to contact them .
No problems so far .

Genius1 18:19 30 Dec 2006

Thanks, I've read some positive reviews elsewhere and have placed the order.

Genius1 11:14 15 Jan 2007

It arrived a week ago very securley wrapped and the delivery date was one I personally requested!

Summary of my Purely Gadgets experience:

POSITIVES:
fairly good customer service, easy to navigate website with a wide range of cheap prices, prompt delivery, delivery date was one I requested, secure outer packaging.

NEGATIVES:
seal was partially broken on camcorder box, although all inner packages were sealed in original wrapping.

David4637 14:48 15 Jan 2007

bought a canon camera, good customer service and 2 yrs extra warranty thrown in. You should have no probs with them. David

Genius1 14:49 15 Jan 2007

I got an extended 18 month warranty with mine.

fireworks 22:00 11 Nov 2009

My first inpressions of this outfit are not very good. I have placed my 1st order with them for nearly £800. You would think they would be pleased. Over a week later I am still waiting for it. I have emailed and telephoned but no one will give me an explanation as to why its not dispatched. It has spent time in processing, 5 days in packing and now its on hold! All items were showing as in stock when I ordered. Still waiting for it. My advise is if you want it quickly, go elsewhere. Very frustrating experience and I for one do not recommend them.

tullie 22:07 11 Nov 2009

Thread is nearly 3 years old.Start a new one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache