Problems with Pixmania.com, Need Advice

erkmatrix 16:30 08 Aug 2007

Hi Beginning to wish I hadn't purchased this DVICO Mediaplayer hard drive TVIX HD M-4000P 500 GB now as just seems to be more problems. Bought from Pixmania.com last Monday took a week to come when it said 3 days, came with a French manual and a two pin euro plug not UK one. Then connected it up using the usb plug, my PC regonized it and said ready to use only when I went to my computer it shows a NOMAD Explorer drive and just said not connected, so I tried with another USB cable the same result though.Contacted Pixmania on Monday says 24 hour they reply to emails, they don't though as still waiting.

Contacted the TVIX site too, no answer there either.

Can anyone here help, have I been giving a faulty player.

Beginning to worry now as just read further into Pixmania and how other people have had problems with them. They show to be on their website trading in the UK but are infact from France hence the Franch manual and 2 pinned euro plug that came with it so don't know what rights I'll have.

My problem is it says on their website that they offer a 15 day money back promise but I would have to pay to send it back and that won't be cheap as is quite heavy - a refund if the return was made between the 1st and the 7th day
- a PIXmania gift voucher if the return was made between the 8th and the 15th day.

I certainly don't want a voucher, and think if I wait , it may proove harder to actually get confirmation its faulty as they might deny its faulty, it says on the website to contact the manufacturers whom are TVIX but they seem almost impossible to contact for a technical question as they never answer the emails.

Can anyone offer any advice to be on what they would do. Wish I had payed that bit more and bought from someone else.

Philip

Cheers
Phil

erkmatrix 17:14 08 Aug 2007

Update on this

My computer said found new device and everything, I orginally saw this nomad explorer and thought that must of been it but realized this is for my Creative Zen MP3 player, thought this might of conflicted with my tvix so I got rid of my Nomad explorer software and restarted computer turned on my tvix but nothing shows up at all in my computer under drives, just my c drive and my other external hard drive. Beginning to think maybe this pixmania company have gave me a tvix without a hard drive instead of one with 500 gb that I ordered. How could I find out this is true

Stuartli 17:57 08 Aug 2007

This is one of the problems (as I once found out several years ago) of ordering from one or other of two French based companies.

erkmatrix 18:56 08 Aug 2007

Update again

I've right clicked my computer and gone to manage and found it under storage disk management and its there as Disk 2 unknown and not initialized and unallocated. it has a - symbol on it in red also.

How would I go about initializing the drive, it shows up as 465 gb which at least now I know theres some sort of hard drive in my multiplayer not the 500 gb but I know this is the norm as computers never have the full amount of hard drive space.

Cheers
Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?