Problems with PC Nextday

tash32 12:48 04 Aug 2006

I've been after a new PC for ages and decided to buy one of PC Advisor's best buys from July so last weekend I bought a Zoostorm 2-4403 from PC Nextday which arrived on Tuesday.

To cut a long story short I'm getting a stop error message when installing XP. You can only contact PC Nextday by e-mail so I've sent a message every day now to their customer services and had no response so far.

I'm unsure as to what to do next so any advice would be gratefully received.

ade.h 13:55 04 Aug 2006

When I bought a Zoostorm for my neighbour a while ago, it had the OS installed on it already.

The only slight criticism that I can make is that the IDE cable had unseated itself slightly in transit due to the zip-tie being too tight. This was found in my routine inspection and fix in a moment.

But that can happen sometimes, so it is not a big issue.

rdave13 23:35 04 Aug 2006

Try using the Technical Support address. click here

Colin 15:37 05 Aug 2006

Was XP not pre-installed on the PC? Their website says it comes with XP home.

tash32 08:35 06 Aug 2006

Finally had a response from their tech support. They've said that it should just boot into Windows which it doesn't - this was why I thought the OS wasn't pre-installed. I'm being prompted to boot from CD.

I also checked the IDE cable which was fine.

Hopefully there tech support will be able to diagnose the problem or give me a replacement machine.

Colin 16:53 06 Aug 2006

Daft question - is there a CD or DVD in the drive when you start the PC up?

tash32 10:46 07 Aug 2006

Hi Colin, no there was no CD in the drive when the machine first arrived.

Colin 19:49 08 Aug 2006

Have you had progress with getting your PC sorted by PC Nextday?

tash32 07:52 09 Aug 2006

Hi Colin - yes it's fixed! Yesterday they sent me a long email with lots of screenshots of things to check including about 3 or 4 different cables. It turned out to be the SATA cable?? which wasn't in it's port properly.

They also apologised for taking so long to help as apparently by initial email was picked up by their spam filter which is a bit weird given the subject line was technical help.

Anyway it's fixed and I'm really happy with my new PC - huge improvement on the old one. Thanks for everyone for their advice/suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?