Problems with 'kit' PC - what are my options

Haysi 16:07 18 Oct 2005

I got a 'kit' PC from Eclipse Computers (after quite a wait for delivery) and after a few problems with the SATA/RAID setup and drivers Win XP installed but then the PC started 'freezing' when I tried to install the mainboard or graphics drivers and I always have to go back to safe mode or 'last known good' to get it started again, it would appear to me to have a part that might not be compatible with the others.
Phone calls and emails to their tech dept have not produced any solutions and I am not getting much from their customer service dept with questions about what happens now.
What are their responsibilities when it was supplied as a 'kit' - their T's & C's take a bit of deciphering and I am not sure if they cover this.
Any advise about what my options are or what to try next would be appreciated.

spuds 17:43 18 Oct 2005

This is a problem with kits and whether the suppliers have provided suitable parts that are compatible with each other. If the supplier as stated certain components are suitable and have supplied them as a complete kit, then you would have a claim under 'fit for the purpose'.If the supplier sold individual parts to your requirements then this would be your responsibility to check components compatibility before purchase.

There are two Eclipse Computers, and one is based near Coventry. If Eclipse-Coventry is the one, then I have used them in the past and found their service either very good or on occasions very wanting.

You can contact Consumerdirect click here for further advice.

Haysi 10:05 19 Oct 2005

It is the Eclipse Computers of 106 Saint Nicholas Street, Coventry [click here] and the PC was their 'DIY kit No3, socket 754', it did offer options on parts but I just took the standard package without an optical drive, the CPU cooler was substituted by them as they did not have the standard one.
I have managed to phone their support dept twice now and the first suggestion I got was to get up dated drivers and the second time I spoke to them I was basically told to double check if I have got the latest drivers.
The PC needed 3 attempts to boot this morning, it kept stopping on the 'Detecting RAID array' screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?