Problems before I even buy

Black Paw 23:16 19 Feb 2003

Trying to replace my old existing gateway. Considered Multivision following PCA recent recommendation (Jan 03) but could even get through on the phones and email got a very poor response after 3 days not actually answering any queries.

Went on to try Time (PCA march 03) but again no luck on tel and strangley website shows system (Neptune 2600+PQ) at a much inflated price. Emails got really useless response not clarifying position - don't these companies want to sell or are they just interested in people who buy without checking what they're getting

Lastly - emailed PCA for comment re recommended systems and probs but to date no response ! Are we in the email age or not ? Seems all these companies have a problem with email!

Forum Editor 00:04 20 Feb 2003

did you email at PCA - and when?

davidg_richmond 00:19 20 Feb 2003

does time have one price direct and one for the computer world? does anyone know whether the stores are now a franchise kind of thing as they seem to have the price differences quite a bit, and going direct you get charged delivery (correct me if i'm wrong) but not in the stores

User-312386 01:58 20 Feb 2003

Just bought a system from here, excelent service and you can configure system to how you want it click here

madboy33

Black Paw 11:49 20 Feb 2003

Forum ed - I emailed the only pcadvisor email addr I could see on the contact page (pcadvisor_letters@idg.com) 2 days ago - no response yet.

Davidg_richmond - Yep they seem to advertise a price in PCAdvisor Mag. and within the reviewed system but when you visit the website the same system has higher price and no productive response when I emailed them (Time) The Multivision experience was just being able to speak or email someone who would give an answer (all I wanted was to exclude a monitor - not possible on their website)- not a difficult query really.

Madboy33 - thanks I'll have a look atthat site and see what they have.

anchor 12:59 20 Feb 2003

Try this address:

Ursula Seymour, Managing Editor,
News & Reviews, PC Advisor

ursula_seymour@idg.com

Black Paw 22:37 20 Feb 2003

Anchor - thanks for the email addr - I'll re-send the email and see what happens.

Strangely having had no productive response from Multivision - I have now (since posting comments on PCA -consumer watch) had an email forwarded by PCA from a JAG at Multivision asking me to email them direct - I'll try and see what results.

Will update you when I have a response. I think adds to the weight of PCA mystery shopping to test suppliers customer relations and support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?