problems with asus 9800xt

hzhzhz 00:37 01 Jul 2005

I had no response on the helproom so Ill try here. Has anyone who has used an asus 9800xt had any problems with this card.

Arthur Scrimshaw 09:23 01 Jul 2005
  killer7 17:59 01 Jul 2005

I have a sapphire all in wonder 9800 pro graphic card and had a similar problem since i upgraded my drivers to cat 5.6 with ccc. The recovery of vpu and crash to desktop while playing everquest 2.

I looked at several forums regarding this but didnt find a solution. Some people suggested that i should check my which my system temperature.I have overclocked my graphic card on numerous occasions and didnt had any problems what so ever so i ruled out the possibility of my vga getting overheated.

After doing some tinkering with the graphic card, i found out that the problem lies with the catalyst control centre. The ccc uses dot net framework 1.1. The .net framework usually (for some unknown reason) stops responding to the ccc commands and eventually causes ur graphic card to reset.
One of the solution is to use catalyst drivers w/o
ccc or use and older driver. Try using cat 5.4, im running this at the moment and have not had the same problem again. If the problem persists then check your power requirements and system temperature which i highly doubt is the root of the problem.

hzhzhz 20:26 01 Jul 2005

Thanks for your response. I havent recieved this card yet but would like to be prepared for any problems. Perhaps I should have gone for 6800gt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone